Chemical formula: NH4SCN
International name: AMMONIUM THIOCYANATE, ammonium rhodanide
CAS No: 1762-95-4
Appearance: colorless crystals in a mass of white color
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated, dark place, tightly closed.
Ammonium thiocyanate (Ammonium thiocyanate) - a colorless hygroscopic crystalline solid. It is soluble in water (54.9% at 0 ° C and 61.9% at 20 ° C). Dissolution of a big amount of heat. Further, ammonium thiocyanate is dissolved in liquid ammonia, ethanol, methanol and acetone. Able to form hydrates and ammines.
Ammonium thiocyanate (ammonium thiocyanate, ammonium thiocyanate, ammonium thiocyanate) produce
• for coke production by trapping cyanide compounds contained in the coke gas ammonium polysulfide solution;
• reacting ammonia with carbon disulfide.
Ammonium thiocyanate (ammonium thiocyanate, ammonium thiocyanate) used
• as a starting material in the industrial production of thiourea;
• as a reagent for dressing and textile printing;
• pickling iron and steel;
• in photography as a component developer;
• as part of the electrolytes in electroplating;
• in analytical chemistry at rodanometricheskom and merkurimetricheskom determining halogen and cyanide
• determining photocolorimetric iron ions, cobalt, molybdenum, etc .;
• as an intermediate for other Thiocyanate;
• as an intermediate in the production of fungicides, pesticides and pharmaceuticals;
• a component cooling solutions, etc..