Chemical formula: BaCl2 * 2H2O
International name: BARIUM CHLORIDE DIHYDRATE
CAS No: 10326-27-9
Appearance: white powder
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry ventilated areas
Barium chloride (barium chloride) under standard conditions is a colorless rhombic crystals. Slightly soluble in alcohol, insoluble in ether.
Barium chloride (barium chloride) may be obtained in different ways, for example:
• Interaction of metallic barium and chlorine
• Interaction of barium oxide with hydrochloric acid
• Interaction of barium hydroxide with hydrochloric acid (neutralization)
• Interaction of barium sulfide with calcium chloride
• reaction of barium carbonate with hydrochloric acid or the like.
Barium chloride (barium chloride, barium chloride) is widely used
• in the chemical industry: barium chloride dihydrate is used to obtain the salts of barium, reactive formulations in the manufacture of dyes, in the purification of brines by chromates and sulphates;
• in mechanical engineering and metal processing: tempering high-speed tools, heat treatment products, technology hot-pressing of metals, cyanide leaching parts;
• In non-ferrous metallurgy - for ultra-pure magnesium and aluminum;
• in agriculture - for pest control and others.