Chemical formula: KOH
International name: POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE
CAS No: 1310-58-3
Appearance: white flakes
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, away from highly concentrated acids
Potassium hydroxide KOH is white flakes, granules or pieces of lentil-shaped crystal structure at the fracture; strongly hygroscopic, readily soluble in water and alcohol; rapidly absorb carbon dioxide from the air and water and gradually turns into potassium carbonate.
Caustic potash (potassium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide solution) is used
• for the production of fertilizers,
• for the production of synthetic rubber,
• electrolytes for batteries,
• reagents xanthates, salts,
• in the medical industry and other sectors of the economy.