Synonyms: Calcium carbonate, calcium carbonate, calcium
Chemical formula: CaCO3
International name: CALCIUM CARBONATE
CAS No: 471-34-1
Appearance: white powder
Packing: bags of 25 kg
Storage: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area
Calcium carbonate - a white crystalline powder, soluble in acid, very slightly soluble in water. Water saturated with CO2, dissolves significantly better (0.156% at 0 ° C) due to the formation of bicarbonate. Calcium carbonate, calcium carbonate - salt of carbonic acid. In nature, occurs in the form of minerals calcite, aragonite and vaterite. Calcium carbonate is the main component of limestone, chalk and marble.
Calcium carbonate can be prepared by the action of ammonium carbonate to calcium nitrate:
Ca (NO3) 2 + (NH4) 2CO3 = + 2NH4NO3 CaCO3v
For CaCO3 qualification for "phosphors" (not containing the impurity of heavy metals) to solutions of Ca (NO3) 2 · 4H2O (h. D. A.) And (NH4) 2CO3 (h.) Is poured several drops of a solution of (NH4) 2S and the mixture allowed to stand for 1-2 days until complete precipitation of sulphides.
Calcium carbonate (calcium carbonate) used
• in the paint industry, in the manufacture of paints and decorating materials;
• in the glass industry for the manufacture of glass.
• in agriculture as a fertilizer and lime for complex agrochemical cultivation fields
• as a filler in rubber compounds, paper, linoleum,
• in dentifrice, cosmetics
• in the food industry, etc.