Synonyms: ethanoic acid, acetic Ledenev
Chemical formula: C2H4O2
International name: Acetic acid glaciad
CAS No: 64-19-7
Appearance: clear liquid with a characteristic odor
Packing: cans, 33 kg
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place in a well-ventilated area
Glacial acetic acid is "chemically pure" (ethanoic acid) - a transparent liquid with a characteristic odor, miscible with many solvents, a good solvent for the organic compound dissolved therein gases HF, HCl, HBr, HI et al., Hygroscopic. Forms azeotropes.
Acetic acid (ethanoic acid) can be obtained in several ways:
• catalytically oxidizing acetaldehyde with oxygen in the presence of a catalyst at 56-75 ° C,
• industrial acetic acid is produced from methanol and carbon monoxide (II),
• oxidation of n-butane at a temperature of 200 ° C and a pressure of 50 atm in the presence of a cobalt catalyst (reaction Emanuel)
• biochemical production of acetic acid fermentation (acetic acid fermentation). The raw materials used etanolsoderzhaschie liquid (wine, fermented juices), and oxygen. As auxiliary substances - enzymes acetic acid bacteria or fungi (yeast).
Acetic Acid (ethanoic acid) used
• in the food industry, in the manufacture of seasonings, pickles, preserves, vinegar, vinegar,
• in pharmaceuticals, in the manufacture of drugs (aspirin, phenacetin);
• in perfumery,
• as a raw material in the production of acetic anhydride, acetyl chloride, monochloroacetic acid, acetates, dyes, insecticides,
• solvent paints, latex coagulant,
• as acetylating agent in organic synthesis,
• acetic acid salt of (Fe, Al, Cr, and others.) - Mordant in dyeing, and others.